Friday, January 8, 2010

Working Vacation...The Dream Comes Alive

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be on vacation. College is very serious and hard work; and even when I'm not at school there is still so much to be done. Very often I use my breaks (winter and summer) to make career and life decisions. The biggest decision I made was during the winter break of my sophmore year when I realized I wanted to go graduate school to get my Master's in Fine Arts.

Since then, I've made every possible move to ensure this and now time is catching up with me. Half of my applications have been sent out and the other half will be out by Monday morning.

I feel as though these past four years have prepared me to go into the workforce and get a great job but they haven't prepared me on to be happy. Each time I click "submit" or put postage on my grad school applications my heart pounds becacuse I know am finally going after something that I've wanted for so long.

This vacation is probably the best vacation I've ever had even though I'm working my butt off. This is because the end result is one that I've dreamed of and it's becoming a reality.

No comments: