Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You Can Call Me, I Won't Call You

Last week I wrote a post about being single and it came back to bite me in the butt. Today I found a new place to meet guys, the gas station. Naturally I did not come to this conclusion on my own; it was more of a forced revelation.

It happened when a man of maybe 30-35 years-old (always older) asked me what my name was and if I had a boyfriend. Because I knew how that convo would play out it I simply said, "Yes, I do". I then thought he'd go away (I should have known better).

This man proceeded to offer me his number and said I could call him but he won't call me because he knows I have a boyfriend.

It made me wonder if he is in marketing because he strategy was great. It leaves the door open for future connections and had I taken his number he would have had one foot in the door already.

No comments: