Monday, January 19, 2009

Change Has Come

On the eve of the most historical presidential inauguration I find myself getting more emotional by the minute. Since Nov. 5 I’ve constantly told myself and others that having the first African-American president isn’t something I never imagined would happen. Personally speaking I’ve always imagined the first African-American president to be me.





However, I believe in this time and this place, President-Elect Obama is the perfect choice. He is the poster-child (so to speak) for change. I can’t picture anyone better fit for the job. In his speeches and in his heart I can feel his sincerity and his hope for a better America.

I don’t have a life lesson for today, I only have hope. I have hope that we, as Americans, will stand together on tomorrow and accept change. I hope that the coming months will prove to be great triumph over the damages of the last eight years. I hope that President-Elect Obama is not the last face of change for this country. We are truly one nation under God and it’s time we start acting like it. And tomorrow we will begin to act like it.

No comments: